Are you or your loved one going through the pain of bunions? If yes, then read on to find out the best and most effective non-surgical method to relieve yourself and your loved one from all the pain which comes with suffering from the bunion.
The best, most effective and non-surgical way of treating bunion are Bunion Correctors. Bunion Correctors are the best way to reduce the pain and friction of bunion so that you can easily perform the day to day activities liking walking & running etc.
In this Best Bunion Corrector Buying Guide, we have intensively researched for all types of best bunion correctors available in the market, so you don’t have to spend painful hours of researching the right bunion corrector.
We have given our best to research and present the best bunion corrector for you in this Bunion Corrector Buying Guide. We will start by briefly knowing about different types of bunion correctors so that we have a good sense of what options we have.
Then we will move on to the pros and cons of each type of bunion corrector after which we will present the best bunion corrector which belongs to that particular category.
Below is the table of Content about what you will find in this Ultimate Bunion Corrector Buying Guide.
Bunion Surgery is Painful – Bunion Corrector Isn’t
I would like you to repeat the above statement to yourself. Keep repeating it.
You have to repeat this statement till you convince yourself that bunion surgery is a painful process and it takes a lot of time to settle in.
Why am I doing this?
Because most of the bunion sufferers can save themselves from the pain and cost of an invasive bunion surgery simply by using the right bunion correctors and bunion splints.
As most of you already know, the bunion is caused by the hereditary fault of your foot bony-structure. While bunion itself is not hereditary but having a troubled bone structure in your family and then not using proper foot care will lead to all the pain and hassle of suffering from the bunion.
What to do to save your feet from developing a bunion? Quite simply, take good care of your feet.
While taking proper care of feet so that bunion surgery can be prevented requires a whole range of things from wearing the right shoes for bunions to maintaining the correct posture and bunion exercises, in today’s post, we are going to focus only on getting yourself the right bunion corrector so you can perform day-to-day activities efficiently.
Types of Bunion Correctors:
There are three types of bunion correctors.
- Bunion Toe Separators: Bunion Toe Separators are flexible and easy to wear devices which sit between your toes to keep them separate. This is one of the most recommended types of Bunion Corrector because it is easy to use and provides almost instant relief from bunion pain.
- Bunion Toe Straightener: Toe Straighteners are very effective in straightening the affected toe to relieve the pain of the bunion. These devices are very easy to use, comfortable and durable and their primary function is to physically realign the toe to correct position by comfortably pulling the affected toe outward.
- Bunion Sleeves/Splints: Another efficient and comfortable option is wearing Bunion Sleeves. These are made from very soft and thin material which hold the pad of the foot and then wraps around the big toe. In this way, bunion sleeve easily and gently help in realigning the affected toe to correct position
Best Bunion Toe Separators:
As already explained above, Bunion Toe Separators are devices which are specifically designed to help your bunion affected toe to be separated at a healthy posture from other toes of the feet. Their primary purpose is to keep your big toe at the right position.
These are most effective when used for a long period of time. Therefore there are some great bunion toe separators which are designed so that you can comfortably wear them during the night sleep, thus allowing your big toe to be aligned while you sleep comfortable.
Let us take a look at different bunion toe separators which some of the best choices available.
- Foot Love – Activity Bunion Relief Kit (In this Bunion relief kit by Foots Love you will get one of the best deal available in the market. This is the complete value for money deal which will provide you comfort at all levels. All the items in this Bunion Toe Separator Kit are made from premium medical grade soft and durable silicone, which is hypoallergic and will not irritate any sensitive or delicate skin type.
Here is what you will get just for $17.50 from Foots Love – Activity Bunion Relief Kit:
- Two General Bunion Shields. For every day standing and walking comfort.
- Two Sports Shields. Two toe loops for added support and comfort while being active.
- Two Bare Foot and Sleeping Toes Straightener Pad. Separates and Cushions.
- Two Deluxe Bunion and Toe Separator Shield. Cushions both sides of your foot and provides a nice padded underside as well. For them long days on your feet.
- Two Pinky Toe Bunion Pads called the Bunionette: These are ideal for the small toe bunions, calluses, and corns. And to stop the friction associated with high heel shoes.
- Two Blue Gel Toe Separator and Toe Stretchers. Needed for the exercise of stretching the toe muscles and bringing in new blood circulation. No wonder these are a top seller.
This kit includes all the different forms of bunion toe separators which you will need throughout any activity, whether it’s sports, office work or simple walking. This kit also includes a soft and comfortable little toe separator for tailor’s bunion or bunionette.
2. DR ROGO Bunion Relief 2 Bunion Gel Toe Separators:
If you want a short and straightforward solution to your bunion pain and want instant relief, then Dr. Rogo’s Gel Toe Separators are for you.
Dr. ROGO bunion products are one of the top selling products in the market. Here are
- Specially made with Dr. ROGO’s unique medical-grade gel to provide you best combination of comfort and hygiene.
- Provides an insulating pad between the big toe and second toe which instantly reduces any skin irritation and lower down any risk of infection, calluses or corns between the two toes.
- The special shield which keeps your injured toe from rubbing along the inside of the shoe, providing greater comfort.
- Only 2 Sets provided
- Not appropriate for heaving running or sports
- Gets Broken after frequent use
3. Bunion Relief Kit – Perfect Posture
This fantastic looking and comfortable bunion corrector and toe separator kit are one of the best. It features the latest CoolTec technology which keeps your bunion toe fresh and comfortable at the same time. Designed with Perfect Posture 2016 latest design, it helps provides you relief from bunion pain along with perfect comfort and hygiene.
- Perfect Posture 2016 Design Technology
- Features Latest CoolTec technology which No one else offers
- Expertly Engineered for maximum comfort and hygiene
- Provides All in One Solution – Best Value for Money
- Durable & Flexible Gel Material
- No Instruction Manual in the Deal – But Great Customer Support
- May arrive a bit late due to high volumes of orders
4. Toe Separator Socks
If you want to make your night sleep comfortable and useful for your bunion toe, then we have just the right product for you. This Bunion Toe Separator Socks will provide you the required treatment throughout the night with comfort so that you sleep without the pain of bunion in your toe.
- Comfortable to Wear
- Stretchable Material
- Warm and Cozy to Wear
- Comes in many different colors
- Need to be washed regularly
Bunion Toe straighteners are also called Bunion Splints. The particular purpose of bunion toe straightener is to bring the big toe back to its natural position.
Bunion Toe Straighteners are the devices which are specially designed to realign toes which are affected by bunions. These particular devices are made and designed in such a manner that they pull the big toe outwards which is very crucial in straightening them.
- Bunion Toe Correctors are Durable
- Helps in realignment of bunion toe
- Reduces pain
- Long Term Benefits
- Amazing results if worn during sleep
- Hard to wear in shoes
- Requires washing often
- DARCO GTS Bunion Splint:
An adjustable, postoperative splint. Indicated for relief of symptoms associated with hallux valgus and other great toe joint conditions. Manufactured with lightweight neoprene and nylon. The GTS™ can be worn day and night, and its form-fitting design comfortably accommodates suitable footwear.
Darco GTS Bunion Splint is a beautiful and minimalistic bunion splint made with lightweight neoprene and nylon. It is very helpful for realigning the big toe which is affected with the bunion, particularly post operation.
- Lightweight & Minimalistic Design
- Adjustable & Comfortable
- Foot Heel Support
- Relieves Painful Bunion
- Can be worn postoperatively
- Cannot be worn in Shoes
- Relatively shorter strap
2. Bauerfeind Valgus Bunion Splint
ValguLoc provides great bunion relief while you sleep. Slip on at nighttime and experience extraordinary relief from the pain and nagging discomfort of bunions. While you sleep tight tendons and muscles stretch giving you comfort and relief. It relieves bunion pressure and provides superior support that won’t slip or move about. The plastic brace secures your toe in place, while soft foam surrounds the tender area. Adjust the pad to provide the most protection where needed and secure in place with the Velcro strap.
The ValguLoc postural splint is suitable for the correction of a misalignment of the big toe (hallux valgus, bunion) as part of a conservative treatment or after surgery. The anatomically contoured orthotic holds the toe in the correct axis by applying a slight force and stretches shortened parts of the capsule and soft tissues. It is worn only without shoes.
- Velcro fastening allows for variable adjustment of the correction pressure
- Corrects and protects
- Latex-free construction and hypoallergenic foam material eliminates skin irritation
- Made in Germany with the highest quality standards
- Cannot be worn in Shoes
- Tricky to wear at first
- Hard to Walk while wearing
- May be Hard to Keep in place (for some sizes)
3. Frederick’s Original Nighttime Bunion Splints:
Dr. Frederick’s nighttime bunion splint is amazingly comfortable and well-designed. You can achieve instant relief from bunion pain along with straightening and realign the big toe affected by the bunion.
It provides comfortable padding as well as adjustable realignment because of its ergonomic toe wrap and bendable toe stabilizer bar. It is made with breathable & washable material to provide you with a healthy and hygienic experience. You can easily walk around the house doing various chores while wearing it.
- Easy to wear
- Comfortable Padding
- Adjustable Realignment
- Made out of Breathable material
- Can easily walk while wearing it
- Best for bedtime pain reduction
- Difficult to adjust on Big foots.
- May get loose during walking etc
4. Bunion Aid Hinged Splint for Bunions:
Bunion Aid Hinged Splint is made in Germany with award winning flexible bunion splint engineered in Germany. It is so comfortable in design and wearing that you’ll wear it more often.
It is excellent in stopping bunion progression, overlapping toes and hammer toes. Bunion Aid Hinged Splint provides pain relief, protection, and bunion correction all in one splint.
- Soft Pad, Cushion & Straps
- You can wear it around the house during Normal Activities
- Easy to Use & Wear
- Perfect for Wearing in Sleep
- Comfortable & Flexible
- Cannot be worn in Shoes
- Thin & Flimsy
- May feel awkward at the beginning
Bunion sleeves are made of the comfortable and flat piece of material which wraps the big toe and also the pad of the foot for comforting and relieving the bunion pain. Bunion sleeves are adequate for covering the bunion and protecting it against any friction which may be exerted on the sensitive area, thus gently aligning the affected toe as a result.
Bunion sleeves are very easy to use and can be worn throughout the day for comfort and bunion pain relief.
- Can be worn throughout the day
- Very Easy to Use
- Cheap and Effective
- May be difficult to fit every foot size
- Requires regular cleaning for proper hygiene
- Tend to become loose after regular use
- SEBS Gel Pad Bunion Sleeves – Dr. Foot
Dr. Foot’s comfortable bunion sleeves are made of durable and soft medial-grade SEBS gel material which is safe for human skin. It relieves bunion pain and provides comfort through its sweet and comfortable SEBS Gel pad, which is safe for human body and skin.
- Medical-Grade SEBS Gel Pad
- Stretchable Material
- Refund if not fits your size
- Comfortable and Soft material
- No Straps
- May become loose after frequent use
2. Frederick’s Original Gel Pad Bunion Sleeves
Dr. Frederick’s Gel Pad Bunion Sleeves comes with two pairs of bunion booties and provides comfort and pain relief by applying the soft and gelled pad right at the site of the bunion. It is designed to fit the gel pad at the first metatarsophalangeal (MTP) joint to instantly provide comfort and relief from bunion pain.
You can use these bunion sleeves even while wearing socks and shoes so that you can quickly go through all the activities throughout the day.
- Designed to Target the Bunion Spot for Instant Relief
- Includes 2 Bunion Booties
- Flexible and One Size Fits Most
- Can be worn under socks and shoes
- Very Easy to Use
- Do not comes with Heel Strap
- May become loose after frequent use
3. Original Bunion Bootie – By Bunion Bootie
Bunion Bootie is one of the most popular bunion sleeves brand available in the market. It boasts being the complete bunion treatment solution which protects, temporarily corrects the bunion and provides comfort while being discreet.
- Trusted Brand
- Can be worn in almost any shoe
- Easy to Use
- Very Expensive
- Gets Lose after frequent use
- Negative Reviews on Amazon
4. Bunion Pal Kit
Bunion Pal Kit provides some of the best value for money because it not only deliver comfort through bunion sleeves but also includes soft and cushy bunion toe separators and other things also.
Its name is derived from its primary product, Bunion Pal. It is an orthotic device which boasts about improving the toe’s health.
- Best Value for Money
- Included Toe Separators and Bunion Pals
- Soft and Comfortable
- Easy to Use
- May not fit all sizes
- May lose quality after frequent use
Why you should use Bunion Correctors
As mentioned earlier, the purpose of a bunion corrector is not to treat the condition but to offer relief to those awaiting surgery. Below are three reasons you should consider buying a bunion corrector;
As mentioned above, the main purpose of using a bunion corrector is not to totally treat your bunion condition but to offer maximum relief from the bunion pain so that you can go through your day-to-day activities with more comfort and ease.
Further, here are three more reasons on why you should go for buying a bunion corrector;
To relieve pain
As you have learned above, a bunion corrector helps to align the affected toe thus minimizing the friction and suffering that comes with having a bunion. Most bunion correctors include a soft pad which cushions the side of the bunion to reduce pain and provide relief.
Enhance the health of a foot
Unfortunately, many bunion sufferers don’t know that if they leave their bunion unattended it can lead to not only further developing the bunion but also to causing other feet diseases like corns, callus or similar problems.
Therefore, it is imperative to treat bunion right from the beginning, and the best way to do this is to use bunion correctors.
Help you wear regular footwear
One of the biggest problems faced by bunion sufferers is that they find it tough and uncomfortable to fit in a proper footwear because of their unaligned toes.
You can easily tackle this problem by using the right bunion corrector which can be worn inside the shoes.
Best Tips for Buying the Right Bunion Corrector
Due to the use of low quality and cheap materials, many bunion correctors can lead to bacterial infections and fungal problems if not properly taken care of. Therefore, it is vital to consider the hygiene of bunion corrector when buying them.
We have taken special care during our research and then listed only the best and most hygienic bunion correctors in our buying guide.
Look for Comfort
Bunion Correctors primary job is reducing pain and providing relief. Therefore, it is imperative that a good bunion corrector is comfortable and easy to use.
We have included the best and most comfortable bunion correctors in our bunion corrector buying guide.
As you might have to use bunion correctors for some months to achieve long-term results. Looking for a durable and strong-built bunion corrector is paramount.
It is of critical importance to consider your use of bunion corrector before buying it. If you are going to use bunion corrector at night during sleep, then you should go for bunion correctors which are expressly designed for this purpose.
Similarly, if you want to use bunion corrector throughout the day, then bunion sleeves or bunion correctors which can be easily worn inside any footwear might be your choice.
Therefore, always consider your use of bunion corrector.